Growing up in Oregon, I longingly dreamed of the day when I could move away and get out of the rain. I was sure I would move to California where sunny skies would greet me every morning. But alas, I have stayed in Oregon my whole life, and I can’t imagine living anywhere else.
Summer is officially over. I can feel Fall in the air and the days are getting shorter and shorter. But I don’t fret. Luckily my husband is a big fan of fall and winter so his enthusiasm helps keep my chin up. And though I’ve had a great summer, I am looking forward to many things the coming months will bring me. Here are a few of them:
1. The never-ending weeds will slow down and the plants will go to rest
2. I will be brought indoors and thus, have more time to focus on things like drawing, painting, and sewing projects
3. Thanksgiving, Halloween and Christmas!
4. Small town football games
5. A more diligent gym routine
5. Cozy nights with the hubby
6. The thought that come what may (and May), I get to do Spring and Summer all over again and enjoy it all the better, knowing that I have survived another glorious, wet, cold, dreary, gray, Oregon winter!